FPGA Design Engineer
Job Description: Chipright FPGA Design engineer
Chipright seeks two highly motivated and experienced FPGA digital designers to work on a medical IP application for a key customer. The role is initially to review and re-architect an old design, creating a clear RTL design specification that will interoperate with a SW specification that is being designed by a different team. An understanding of the system level requirements for the overall application will be required in order to develop the block level design for the FPGA solution. The role will involve RTL coding in Verilog and bring up on the IP in a lab environment.
The role will involve interaction on site with the customer’s engineers but the project can be worked on remotely by the engineers.
This is a fantastic opportunity for talented engineers to work within a team of highly experienced engineers.
- 5+ years experience coding in VHDL / Verilog
- Ethernet experience essential for this role
- Block level and SoC level design and simulation
- Ability to develop designs from specification right through to FPGA Emulation
- Proficient with FPGA tool kits - Preferably Altera Quatus tool set with Stratix or Arria FPGA's
- Proficient in FPGA bring up and debug of the device by working both individually and as part of a team
- Ability to develop scripts with Tcl / Perl
- Proficient with front end RTL design and simulation tools (Questa, NCSim, VCS)
- An understanding of leading edge verification solutions
- Educated to degree level with excellent analytical, communication and documentation skills
- A ‘can do’ attitude for attempting to tackle problems that solutions need to be designed for
- Flexibility to travel
- Knowledge of Medical applications and protocols
- Firmware debug
- Knowledge of Advanced Verification Environments
- Knowledge of SystemVerilog
- Knowledge of StratixV or Arria10 Ethernet IP solutions & design bringup
VHDL, Verilog, FPGA, Xilinx, Altera, Spartan, Virtex, NIOS processor, Stratix, Cyclone, Arria, CPLD, Quartus, Digital Design Engineer, FPGA Engineer, Functional Coverage, UPF, Power aware, Tcl, perl, python, C, C++, Consultant, Contractor, Full time, permanent, Freelancer, Questa, NCSIM, VCS, Digital, ASIC, FPGA, SoC, Architecture, IP Designer, test bench, verification, Firmware, Embedded Software, Emulation, Device Bring up
Chipright – Your Partner in finding that next job – Call us on +353 91 444168